Thursday, October 12, 2017

Madison Mural

BY: Jack Tagliamonte

So as many of you know, we got a new mural thing upstairs, it sadly covers up the masterpiece that was "The Claymation Sports Figures" but the new look is refreshing and much needed. It has this "We're the cool Madison now" vibe which most of us dig. The mural is a train track with a thunderstorm taking over the sky and, if you look closely there's a mustache hiding on the wall. It has the iconic blue M smack dab in the middle with some weird pixelated clouds next to it but you only see those if you're nitpicking and up as close as you can. As my dad would always say, "There are few things that get the people reading like a mural in a high school."

I was told to go ask the Fish himself how the mural came to be, how he liked it, why he wanted to make it this year, and how he grew his perfect mustache.
"Avery Pinta, Abby Reed and Kelly Sill were the main instrumental people to give us the mural, they saw it in the city and came to us about the company, I don't remember the company name but I heard that there was a mustache hidden somewhere in there."
I decided to ask some other people how they thought about the new mural to add some more length to the article.

I asked Toni Burr, to which she replied, "It was pretty cool... I liked the mustache. Oh and the train tracks!" Mr. Butler said, "I haven't seen it yet." Which isn't really helpful but he just said that to not be in the article, guess again Butler... guess again. Asking other students they all had some really boring answers from "We have a new mural?" to "It was pretty cool." But personally I think we needed something to cover up that poor, poor preschool painting so this is a good thing in my book. The mural has a vibe that makes us all tell the other schools that the old Madison can't come to the phone right now. Why? Oh, because it's dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment