Monday, March 11, 2019

The Wonderful Life of Mrs. Vacca

By: Michael Smith

Mrs. Vacca has worked very hard to get into the position that she is in today. She is a high school English teacher at Madison High School and a college professor at Lakeland Community College.

The reason I picked Mrs. Vacca to write my article on is because she puts so much into her work is always going above and beyond for her students. Mrs. Vacca is not only good at getting the information across but by finding way to make it fun and keep things interesting.

Mrs. Vacca says that she love teaching and that her students may not always be as interested in literature, essays, or research as I am, but I try to have enough enthusiasm for all of us.

Mrs. Vacca’s goals are that  everyday she wants help her students to be successful academically while treating those around them with respect.

Mrs. Vacca's best teaching moments are when my students teach me something I never realized before, especially when it is about a literary work that I have taught 25 times.

Someday Mrs. Vacca hopes to be Dr. Vacca.  "I really want to earn my PhD in English Literature," she says.


Mrs. Vacca's favorite novel is The Handmaid's Tale.  I love the author of it, Margaret Atwood, and I got to meet her once and hear her speak. In April I am going to my alma mater Mount Union University with my fellow alumni, Mrs. Chandler, to hear her speak again!

No comments:

Post a Comment