Friday, February 15, 2019

Mr. Grier Commemoration

Related image


By: Shane Noblit

Mr. Grier was the Madison high school Art teacher for many great, wonderful, and artistic years. His art work has touched the lives of so many students and families with his kind personality and caring heart. Students felt a “warm feeling” as they entered his art covered room with his favorite music playing in the background.

Amber Depoy, a senior at Madison high school, was a close student of Mr. Grier and helped him out with projects such as the art club. I spoke with Amber who told me, “Mr. Grier really helped at pushing me to strive in art. He was always very encouraging and supportive of my work, and he presented new challenges to me that helped me progress further”. She described him as ”very inspiring; from his giant paintings to his simple sketches, he never failed to spark creativity in me”.  
Every time she stepped into his classroom, surrounded by classic rock music and all those beautiful artworks, “all I wanted to do was create. He was a really great guy and I’m glad I was able to know him for the time that I did. My journey in art wouldn’t be the same without him”.

Mr. Grier, has created many great pieces of art. Inside the 9/11 Memorial Museum is a painting done by him commemorating this horrific event. Out of all the wise words and actions Mr. Grier has presented, these words will always keep him in our minds, ‘I dreamed of painting so I painted my dreams”- Mr. Grier

No comments:

Post a Comment