Friday, September 8, 2017

Hitting the Green

BY: Seirra Craddock

Our Madison boys golf team played Brush team at Manakiki  Golf Course, Tuesday, September 5th. As I interviewed two players, Logan S., and Lucas W., they were asked some questions that to them seemed as easy questions but received complex answers. Why is this game important you might ask? According to Logan S., “They were an easy win, to me it was just another win.” Seems to me that the confidence has sky rocketed. Logan also said, “That was my expectation for this game as well.” Lucas W. chimes in with his comment of “ Honestly this team is so easy to beat, taking candy from a baby is what it’s like.” Talking to Coach Hupertz on what lead to this win he comments,  “Brush is a struggling team, my team played on a tough course as well. Two of my players shot a 43 which helps tremendously.” We also asked how does this affect the team in moving forward with the season. Hupertz smiled, laughed and said, “ Any win for the team is wonderful, but these wins do come with a lot of work as well. We have a lot of progress to make and a long way to come but in the end I am sure we will make it big this year.” Logan chimes in and says, “Honestly it does give us a confidence booster.” Lucas nodded his head and agreed. Coach was asked who he believes were the top three performers on the team, “This was honestly a tough question, I would have to say Logan S., Dan A. and Lucas W.” Their next game is September 12th, Vs Willoughby South at 3:10. Come out and support our Boys Golf!

No comments:

Post a Comment